And so from Singapore I flew briefly into Hong Kong airport and then it was off to Manila. The flight was not very long, maybe 1 hour and 45 minutes? I dozed in and out of sleep and finally arrived in Manila.
It had been almost 8 years since the last time I was here. I arrived at the airport and I saw my uncle, titas and cousins waiting for me. I was going to be picked up by family friends and I did not see them. After initial hugs and kisses we were able to call them on the cell phone. Oh, I had forgotten how handy these things are!
The plan was to stay with our family friends in the city for a couple days and then stay with family in the provinces afterwards. So I said good-bye for now to my tito, tita and cousins and we headed to the gracious home of our family friends from the airport.
During the car ride, it is confirmed to me that the United States has a new president, Obama. Wow! I can't believe it. On the news there is rejoicing and I was able to hear a replay of Obama's acceptance speech.
I hope this fairs well for our country. So far it is amazing the reaction of the world to this historical event.
We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment