And now I am in Florence. Oh, my deepest apologies for falling off the blogger wagon. London was a wonderful place, "rough and ready" where the men are prettier than me. Lots of hustle and bustle. I was sad to leave but of course the journey continues.
From London I took the super fast train to Paris and what can I say, Paris is lovely in the fall. I checked into my hostel and walked along the city streets. I stayed outside of the city center near a metro stop called Crimee. After a week of staying with family I was feeling a bit shy to meet people in the hostel so I picked up a glass of liquid courage and met two Canadians in the "chill out room" of the hostel. They ended up being great pals. One was a photographer and the other was a musician (two brothers traveling together).
I stayed in Paris for 4 nights and in the glorious days in Paris I saw the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Sacre Couer and the Louvre...I ended my stay with a visit to Versailles (I know I am murdering the names left and right, but Im sure you can forgive me). I took a day trip with three other fellow travellers and it was unbelieveable! Such luxury and excessive tastes...
From Paris I flew to Rome. Luckily my flight was not too long and not crowded. I can only hope to be as lucky with my next flight. I have to say up until this point all the places I have visited have been english friendly for the most part...that is until I got to Rome. Now the real adventure begins since I had to take a bus to my hostel...oh, yes, bus 280 (do you know how to say 280 in italian) I did not so it was ALOT of chirades with semi understanding strangers outside the bus stop. I finally check into my hostel and it was a nice hostel. It was an old convent with one computer for the internet and only women. Yes, Charity sure knows how to pick'em! HAHA at the least it was very clean.
My roomies were three girls who were travelling for 6 weeks. Nice girls from the states. They let me tag along for dinner and I laughed so much. It was fun hearing their stories.
I had three days in Rome so I saw the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel (I almost wept it was so beautiful...seriously), and the Colosseum....I had a nice dinner (recommended by the lady at the desk at the hostel) where she gave me a note of what to eat and where to go. I strange experience, but yummy food. I hope to go back to that restaurant after Florence.
And so I took a train from Rome to Florence and I am staying in a pretty neato hostel called Academy Hostel. I highly recommend to stay here. It is literally down the street from all the sights in Florence. Amazing.
I am here for one more evening after tonight and I have yet to decide what to do tomorrow. From here I am back to Rome for a night and then to Singapore.
I have yet to pick my favorite city, each has been beautiful.
I have been taking photos, but some of the places have a policy to not download files, so you may have to wait until I get back for the snaps.
I'll see what I can do though...I hope this finds you all well.
Talk soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay! So glad you got back on your blog. We leave in half an hour for el aeropuerto. Be safe and we will see you in paradise. I can't wait!
Post a Comment