I am the worst blogger in the world. My apologies for the sporadic entries.
So after Fatima, I went to an area in Lisbon called Belem. It is by the coast and it had a couple of attractions that I wanted to visit. The first was an old monastery..St. Jerome….which was beautiful! The museum of art, which was great too. And lastly, was a pastry shop that sold the little crème cakes that Lisbon is famous for…WORTH THE TRIP by itself. My tummy was happy.
The next day I trekked out with my friend Georg to the Oceanario on the opposite end of the coast. It was situated in the 1999 or 1998 Lisbon World Expo Village. Amazing place and very HUGE.
My last full day in Lisbon, Georg and I went to a region called Cintra…this is probably the most beautiful part of my trip. We visited a castle and Pena Palace. I full day of hiking up a mountain and then walking down. Needless to say, the day was very full and we were famished by the end of the day. We headed to the train station and decided to end our day with Pizza Hut. Yes, I think some of you may cringe, but it was very satisfying. We shared a Cheesy Bites Pizza with Shrimp and Pineapple. HAHAHA
Waking up the next morning, I was dreading the flight out of Lisbon. I had half a morning left, so I head to San Jorge Castle about 5 minutes from the hostel and took in Lisbon one last time.
I took the number 44 bus to the airport and waited for my flight to board.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment