From Rome to Singapore the flight was about 11 hours. It was overall pleasant and the food was delicious on the plane. I was able to see a couple movies on the plane-Speed Racer (I LOVED IT), Hancock (entertaining) and I Hate Sarah Marshall (hilarous!!)- I didn't sleep much on the plane...when I arrived in Singapore I stayed with my friend Chris and his family.
Singapore was beautiful. Very clean and very structured. I roamed around a bit and saw the sights-the Merlion, the Esplanade, Orchard Road, Raffles Hotel and a couple musuems. Signapore is also a big shopping place so I was able to pick up a couple things too.
I tried various fruits I have never had before- Bwasala and Mangosteen. Yummy! Mangosteen is officially one of my favorite fruits. I dont know if it will be anywhere when I get home, but it is so yummy. If any of you have the chance to try it, you should.
I was in Singapore for 3 nights and then Chris dropped me off at the airport. The flight to Bali was about 2 1/2 hours. Not too bad. I got to Bali and there was someone from the hotel to pick me up (swanky treatment) and I arrived at Pelangi Hotel. Very nice place.
As a arrived at the hotel a mass of people (Karina -the bride, Derek- the groom, and friends) were on their way to dinner. So I checked in and we were off to dinner at a place called Lotus Grill.
The wedding is tomorrow and I am just going to have a semi quiet day.
I can't believe it is already here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
MANGOSTEEN! it's real??? that's so funny that you love it because every saturday before teaching class i see little posters for it at the juice place where i get "breakfast". i can't believe you're already in bali as well. send my love to the gang. ate nin gave me your number as well. thank you for doing such a great job at keeping in touch...
Hey Chat, which one is the mangosteen again? I had this fruit that I loved too with little black seeds (edible) in it and I couldn't figure out what it was called.
Post a Comment